Thursday, March 28, 2013

Looks like I'm back...

 "Yeah, Laura, she's one of those people you can't forget because she'll never forget about you." She's like that sweet, annoying character in that tacky 80's movie."  I like to think this is how some people perceive me.  At the same time, I like to think of myself as Julia Roberts' character in Erin Brockovich, which is based on a true story.  She is sweet, determined, and tells it like it is.


 It is probably about time I started writing.(Also, I can't sleep) I do not have anything important to say, but I suppose that is not what is really important here.  However, what is important is the fact that I am writing.  First, I should probably tell you a little about myself.  Not that you (the reader) care about me or who I am, but I think it will be fun for me to describe myself.  I rarely stop and think about who I really am as a person.  I mean, who truly sits and thinks about what makes me...me?  When I asked myself this question a few weeks ago, I realized that is why I am standing where I'm standing.  It's because I don't know myself very well.  Frankly, I was scared.  Then I started to really think.  I decided I better figure it out or at least try because I am responsible for my own happiness.

Writing.  This is what is going to help me in ways I can not begin to fathom at this point. The English written language has particularly never interested me in the slightest.  I always dreaded English class which included lessons over grammar, punctuation, and all that other boring stuff. I have never thought of myself as a good writer. Probably because I rarely listened in class. People always pegged me as a good student in school, which always struck me as odd.  I would daydream in class and then go home and have to reteach myself what we went over in class.  Gosh, I was a dumb sometimes. I like complication.  It's like I feed off of the most complicated situations. As long as I can remember, I have always been this way.  I suppose that is why I tend to analyze every detail of every little detail.  However, I am realistic.  At least most of the time.

I like driving my car and I always have the music turned up.  I only turn music on when I'm by myself though.  That's because I have ADD and I flip the radio stations constantly. I turn the stations a minimum of probably twenty times in one car ride.  Most people would find this to be extremely annoying, so I just don't do it when I have people in the car.  I just can't help myself.  I will listen to rock for a few minutes, then I'll listen to maybe a stupid pop song or something. I also sing and I do not sing well.  So really, I'm sparing you...you should be thanking me.

Okay, so I had fun typing this random assortment.  I'll probably do it again.  I can just go with the flow and get off topic. I don't care what anybody thinks.

1 comment:

  1. English classes tend to stifle and kill our natural desire to write. It's one of the things that separates us from animals! I'm happy you've embraced this practice. It's not important whether you write well or poorly, or that you have interesting or uninteresting things to say. The fact that you are saying something gives you a voice in a world where that is dying as we get muddled deeper in the muck of memes, catch phrases and image macros. Develop a voice and shout it from the mountain side. Or Hoosier Hill :)

    ReplyDelete